Hi Everyone! Welcome to the daily prompts page for May 2017! Pop your email in the bar below to get started.
It’s never too late to start using the prompts, so even if you join us half way through, or towards the end of the month that’s no problem! Just jump right to the day and pick up from there.
Want to Skip Ahead? June 2017 Daily Journal Prompts –>
How The Prompts Work
Once you enter your email below, you will find a list of questions and prompts for each day of the month. What’s awesome is that you’ll automatically be enrolled for the prompts to your email each month, so it’s totally hassle free!
- Each question is designed to make you think deeper about a topic or subject, so allow creativity to flow, and keep adding any extra thoughts to the page
- Some prompts are specific to writing or drawing. Feel free to use your favorite medium, you have no obligation to stick to the rules!
- If you only have time to be creative one a week, pick four of your favorite prompts from the below list and work through it that way
- If you don’t stick to the schedule, that’s totally cool too! Pick one topic and make it extra awesome!
Use this list however you would like. The main thing is to remember to have fun with whatever you end up creating!
Get Your Journal Page Featured
Remember, share your pages with us! Send us pictures at email@example.com, along with your name and blog or instagram, and we will feature some of you on our instagram feed. Use the #CPMayChallenge and tag us on instagram @creativepassportorg.
You can also share your posts with us on facebook.
We look forward to seeing what you come up with!
- Monday May 1st – Write and draw about what inspires you about the Springtime
- Tuesday May 2nd – Write or recreate the last piece of artwork you related to
- Wednesday May 3rd – What book are you reading? What emotions does it inspire?
- Thursday May 4th – Sketch or write about your garden, or nearby park
- Friday May 5th – What happened in the news this week? How does it make you feel?
- Saturday May 6th – Draw or use a map to pin point where your family and friends are right now
- Sunday May 7th – Draw a meal you’re cooking, write out the recipe and describe the meal
- Monday May 8th – Write and draw about your local history: is there a story that everyone knows?
- Tuesday May 9th – Find inspiration in a recent dream: start by writing what you can remember
- Wednesday May 10th – What was the best thing that happened at work today? And the worst?
- Thursday May 11th – Draw a nearby every day item, and explain any challenges you had drawing it
- Friday May 12th – Write out your plans for the weekend. What are you excited about?
- Saturday May 13th – What languages do you speak? Write some phrases you know in another language
- Sunday May 14th – Write about an animal that you had, or want to have in your life
- Monday May 15th – How did your weekend turn out? Refer back to Fridays journal entry to compare
- Tuesday May 16th – Draw a map of your every day commute, and label significant points on the way
- Wednesday May 17th – Find some old fabrics and create an abstract collage using triangle shapes
- Thursday May 18th – What is your horoscope? Is it accurate to what you’re really like?
- Friday May 19th – Draw or paint some flowers. Find inspiration online or at your local flower shop!
- Saturday May 20th – Write about the mountains. Have you been on a trip, do you want to go on one?
- Sunday May 21st – Find and write out a poem that inspires you. Sketch some of the visuals
- Monday May 22nd – Get organized by breaking your to-do list into “must” and “would like to” do
- Tuesday May 23rd – What movie did you see recently that inspired you? Why?
- Wednesday May 24th – Plan out a hike you would love to do. Add some maps and schedule a time to go
- Thursday May 25th – What do you want to be doing and where you want to be in five years time?
- Friday May 26th – Write out the lyrics of a song that you love, that you heard this week
- Saturday May 27th – List out your close friends and write about their personalities
- Sunday May 28th – What is the last restaurant you went to? Write and draw out each course you had
- Monday May 29th – Write out your morning routine, draw some items you use every morning
- Tuesday May 30th – What is your favorite brand right now? Sketch their logo and write about them
- Wednesday May 31st – Draw the structure of the room you’re in, or the architecture from the outside
Hey everyone, it’s Victoria. I wanted to update at the mid-point to show you what I’ve been busy with! Send along your pages or tag us on instagram! @creativepassportorg. We would love to see your favorite pages and how you’ve used our prompts.
May 1st – Springtime
“Write and draw about what inspires you about the Springtime”
May 4th – Garden
“Sketch or write about your garden, or nearby park”
May 8th – Local History
“Write and draw about your local history: is there a story that everyone knows?”
May 14th – Animal or Pet
“Write about an animal that you had, or want to have in your life”
May 17th – Fabric Triangles
“Find some old fabrics and create an abstract collage using triangle shapes”
May 25th – 5 Years Time
“What do you want to be doing and where you want to be in five years time?”
Thank you so much everyone! Let me know how you’re getting on. Remember to send along your journal pictures!